Almost A Wilderness Model? 2023 Subaru Crosstrek Sport
Subaru has teased us with more off-road focused models in the Outback and Forester Wilderness trims, but they have yet to give us a version of the Crosstrek Wilderness.
We tested this 2023 Subaru Crosstrek Sport and found a lot of the same treatments were done to make this model stand out in the lineup. Think of the Sport model as being a “Wilderness Lite” with special grille and wheel arch moldings, added splashes of yellow throughout the cabin, even a dual-function X-MODE with Hill Descent Control. The Sport also gets similar Yokohama Geolandar tires from the other Wilderness models.
With the 2024 Japanese market Crosstrek already teased online, is it worth waiting for the new one and hoping they give it the Wilderness treatment, or finding a 2023 Sport and hitting the trails now?
2023 Subaru Crosstrek Sport Specs:
• 2.5L Subaru BOXER 4 Cylinder Engine • 182 Horsepower
• 176 lb-ft of Torque
• Lineartronic Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)
• Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive
• Dual-function X-MODE with settings for snow/dirt and deep snow/mud
• Heated Front StarTex Water-Repellant Seats
• Seating for 5
• Manual Seat Adjustments
• 20.8 Cubic Feet of Storage Behind Second Row
• 55.3 Cubic Feet of Storage Behind Front Row • 8-inch STARLINK Multimedia Plus Infotainment
• Sport-Specific Grille and Wheel Arch Moldings
• Proximity Key with Push Button Start
• Manual Tailgate
• 17-inch Dark Finish Aluminum Alloy Wheels
• Yokohama Geolandar All-Season Tires
• EPA Fuel Economy 27/34/29 (city/hwy/combined)
• Starting MSRP $23,645
• Price as tested: $32,160