A Rose by Any Other Name... Does the Chevy Blazer Deserve the Bad Press?
The Chevrolet Blazer nameplate has long been affixed to a body on frame, rugged vehicle capable of great off-road feats. For the modern age, however, Chevrolet has affixed the Blazer name to a car-based crossover with little to no off-road prowess.
This has caused this vehicle to get a lot of bad press, but is it warranted. I have said since this version of the Blazer was introduced that Chevy could have borrowed many other names from their past to affix to this vehicle with much less negative backlash.
Sure this is not the Blazer we are used to, but how good is this new iteration of a classic nameplate? That is what I intent to find out in this review. As the stats go, it appears to be a very competent on-road family vehicle. As a father myself, I could see something in this size class and price range in my driveway as it fits the needs of my family. Strong, efficient V6 engine, plenty of room for adults, our son, and all our stuff, and Camaro-inspired design.
In this video, I actually take the time to run this Blazer through its paces and see whether or not Chevy made a good family hauler, and to see if perhaps “a family SUV by any other name is just as sweet.”
2022 Chevrolet Blazer 3LT Specs:
• 3.6L V6 Engine
• 308 Horsepower
• 270 lb-ft of Torque
• 9-Speed Automatic Transmission
• Front Wheel Drive
• 4 Drive Modes
• Seating for 5
• Heated Front Leather Seats
• Dual-zone Climate Controls
• Rearview Camera Mirror
• 30.5 Cubic Feet of Storage Behind 2nd Row
• 64.2 Cubic Feet of Storage Behind 1st Row
• 8-inch Color Touchscreen Infotainment with Wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
• Proximity Key with Push Button Start
• Power Tailgate
• Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
• Rear Park Assist
• Teen Driver Mode
• Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert
• Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning
• 20-inch Wheels
• EPA Fuel Economy 19/27/22 (city/hwy/combined)
• Starting MSRP $33,400 (2LT)
• Price as tested: $44,175
#GTGarageTalk #ChevyBlazer #ChevroletBlazer #Chevy #Chevrolet #Blazer #CarReview #TXautowriters