2023 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro Off-Road Quick Take
It has been a hot minute since the Toyota Sequoia three-row SUV has seen a full redesign, with the outgoing model dating all the way back to 2008. This new 2023 version is built here in Texas alongside the new Toyota Tundra we tested not that long ago.
Everything we loved about the 2022 Tundra TRD Pro translates here to this large three-row SUV, from its wonderful off-load tech, hardware, and the new i-Force MAX hybrid powertrain, which is STANDARD on ALL 2023 Sequoia models (only top trims of the Tundra are available with the MAX powertrain).
Upgraded electronic transfer case, electronic CRAWL mode, and downhill descent control, along with Fox Shocks, improved wheels and off-road tires, increased ground clearance, and better approach/departure/breakover angles make the TRD Pro the version to get if you plan on taking the whole family off the grid.
In our quick take of this new Sequoia out at Eagles Canyon Raceway’s off-road course, we felt like we were back “home” in that Tundra TRD Pro we had for a week here on the channel. We are still waiting on our week-long loaner of this Sequoia, so let us know what further questions you have, and we will be sure to address them when we have one here on our home turf.
2023 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro Specs:
• 3.5L Twin-Turbocharged V6 i-Force MAX Hybrid Engine
• 437 Horsepower
• 583 lb-ft of Torque
• 10-Speed Automatic Transmission
• Electronic Transfer Case
• Electronically Locking Rear Differential
• 18-inch BBS Forged Black Aluminum Wheels
• Falken® WILDPEAK All-Terrain tires
• TRD Pro off-road suspension with 2.5-in. FOX® Internal Bypass coil-overs and rear remote-reservoir shocks, and TRD Pro front stabilizer bar
• Heritage-inspired "TOYOTA" grille with LED light bar and marker lights
• Multi-Terrain Select with 4 Drive Modes (Mud, Sand, Rock, Auto)
• 9.1 inches of ground clearance
• 23-degree approach angle
• 20-degree departure angle
• Seating for 7
• Heated and Ventilated Front TRD Pro SofTex Seats
• 8-Way Front Seats with Power Lumbar
• 22.3-11.5 Cubic Feet of Storage Behind Third Row
• 49 Cubic Feet of Storage Behind Second Row
• 86.9 Cubic Feet of Storage Behind Front Row
• Panoramic Moonroof
• Toyota Auto Multimedia System with 14-inch Display and Wireless Apple CarPlay®
• JBL® Premium Audio System with 12 Speakers and Subwoofer
• Dual-zone Climate Controls with Rear Vents
• Proximity Key with Push Button Start
• Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.5
• EPA Fuel Economy 19/22/20 (city/hwy/combined)
• Starting MSRP $58,300 (SR5)
• Price as tested: $78,095
All images courtesy of Capturing the Machine.
#GTGarageTalk #Toyota #Sequoia #ToyotaSequoia #2023Sequoia #ThreeRowSUV #3RowSUV #LetsGoPlaces #FamilyCar #CommuterCar #FamilyVehicle #SUV #AWD #Overlanding #AppleCarPlay #AndroidAuto #NewCar #CarReview #TXAutowriters #TXTruckRodeo