No More Hemi? 2023 Grand Wagoneer L Quick Take
It is true, Stellantis (the parent company to Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, etc.) has decided to move away from their current powertrains in favor of new propulsion methods.
This 2023 Grand Wagoneer L is the biggest vehicle to ever wear the Jeep 7-slot front grille, and it has a smaller engine than you might expect. Under the hood of this big beast is a 3.0L inline 6-cylinder engine with two turbochargers making an impressive 510 horsepower and 500 lb-ft of torque. Fuel economy is slated to come in at 14 city, 19 highway, 16 combined.
In our short amount of time behind the wheel of this 2023 model at the Texas Auto Writers Association's annual Texas Truck Rodeo, we found A LOT to like. This new "L" model is HUGE! Plenty of room in all three rows for actual adults and room behind them all for luggage too! With the second-row captain's chairs, first and second-row passengers travel in premium luxury with heated and ventilated seats and a full center console. Third-row passengers are not forgotten either, with air vents, cup holders, and USB ports on both sides and power recline for the full seat.
2023 Grand Wagoneer L Obsidian Specs:
• 3.0L Hurricane Twin-Turbo Inline-6 Engine • 510 Horsepower
• 500 lb-ft of Torque
• 8-speed Automatic Transmission
• Four-Wheel Drive
• Selec-Terrain® Traction Management System
• Active Two-Speed Transfer Case with Selec-Speed® Control
• Quadra-Lift® Air Suspension
• 24-Way Power Adjustable Front Seats with Massage
• Second-Row Captain’s Chairs with Full Center Console in 2nd Row
• Seating for 7
• Four-Zone Automatic Climate Control
• Front Console Cooler
• Increased Length of 12 Inches over Grand Wagoneer
• 44.2 Cubic Feet of Storage Behind Third Row
• 88.8 Cubic Feet of Storage Behind Second Row
• 112.9 Cubic Feet of Storage Behind Front Row • 12-inch Color Touchscreen Uconnect® 5 Infotainment with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
• 12.3-inch Digital Gauge Cluster
• 75 Inches of Total Display Area
• Proximity Key with Push Button Start
• 22-inch Tinted Polished Wheels with Black Insert
• EPA Fuel Economy 19/25/21 (city/hwy/combined)
• Starting MSRP $88,640
• Price as tested: $109,225
All images courtesy of Capturing the Machine.
#GTGarageTalk #GrandWagoneer #HurricaneTwinTurbo #Inline6 #GrandWagoneerL #2023GrandWagoneerL #GrandWagoneerHurricane #GrandWagoneerLObsidian #GrandWagoneerObsidian #FamilyCar #CommuterCar #FamilyVehicle #ThreeRowSUV #3RowSUV #SUV #AWD #3Row #Overlanding #LuxuryCar #AppleCarPlay #AndroidAuto #NewCar #CarReview #TXAutowriters #TXTruckRodeo#FamilyCar #CommuterCar #FamilyVehicle #ThreeRowSUV #3RowSUV #SUV #AWD #3Row #Overlanding #LuxuryCar #AppleCarPlay #AndroidAuto #NewCar #CarReview #TXAutowriters #TXTruckRodeo