Sibling Rivalry? 2023 Hyundai Palisade XRT
There is a little bit of sibling rivalry going on within the Hyundai family of brands. Since its introduction, the Kia Telluride has been a sales hit with consumers, while its more upscale sibling, the Hyundai Palisade, has loomed in the shadows.
Not content to rest in the darkness behind the Telluride, Hyundai updated the Palisade for 2023 with more masculine styling and even a more rugged off road trim in this XRT. XRT is available in FWD or AWD, and our tester was equipped with the company’s HTRAC AWD. XRT slots in below Limited and Calligraphy in the lineup and boasts features like blacked-out grille, rugged lower bumpers and door sills, roof cross rails, and dark 20-inch wheels. AWD models feature downhill brake control, snow mode, tow mode, and AWD lock.
Is this XRT model along with the rugged new looks of all Palisade trims enough to steal some of Telluride’s thunder? Or will the team at Hyundai still remain in the shadows of their sibling SUV?
2023 Hyundai Palisade XRT Specs:
• 3.8L GDI V6 Engine • 291 Horsepower
• 262 lb-ft of Torque
• 8-speed Automatic Transmission
• All-wheel Drive (Available Front Wheel Drive)
• 5 Drive Modes (Normal, Sport, Smart, Snow, and Tow)
• Heated Front H-Tex Leatherette Seats
• Second-Row Captain’s Chairs
• Seating for 7
• Power Adjustable Front Seats
• 18 Cubic Feet of Storage Behind Third Row
• 45.8 Cubic Feet of Storage Behind Second Row
• 86.4 Cubic Feet of Storage Behind Front Row • 12.3-inch Color Touchscreen Infotainment with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
• 12.3-inch Digital Gauge Cluster
• Proximity Key with Push Button Start
• Hands-free Smart Liftgate w/ Auto Open
• Highway Drive Assist
• 20-inch Dark-Finished Alloy Wheels
• EPA Fuel Economy 19/25/21 (city/hwy/combined)
• Starting MSRP $34,950 (FWD SE)
• Price as tested: $43,960
All images courtesy of Capturing the Machine.
#GTGarageTalk #HyundaiPalisadeXRT #HyundaiPalisade #2023HyundaiPalisade #2023Palisade #Palisade #HyundaiPalisade #PalisadeXRT #NewPalisade #FamilyCar #CommuterCar #FamilyVehicle #ThreeRowSUV #3RowSUV #SUV #AWD #3Row #Overlanding #LuxuryCar #AppleCarPlay #AndroidAuto #NewCar #CarReview #TXAutowriters #TXTruckRodeo