Quick Drive in the 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve 4xe
We were blessed with a little wheel time in the 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve with the 4xe plug-in hybrid drivetrain. This thing sets a new standard in American luxury SUVs!!! The Jeep Grand Cherokee has been the most awarded SUV in recent years and this new model (especially in this top trim) definitely shows how Jeep intends to keep the awards coming.
Updated for the 2022 model year, the 2-row Jeep Grand Cherokee borrows heavily from the 2021 Grand Cherokee L model which was/is the first-ever 3-row SUV to wear the Grand Cherokee moniker. Subtle details set this shorter version apart, aside from the smaller size. Take for instance this Summit Reserve's two-tone paint job; the entire roof from the greenhouse to the roof rails is gloss black to contrast the body color below. In our tester, we had the Baltic Gray Metallic paint. Another key indicator that this is the smaller JCG is the rear hatch that connects the taillights with a dark bar running the width of the vehicle, whereas the 3-row model has separate and distinct taillights.
Move inside and you are welcomed into premium luxury, which helps justify this vehicle's $79,000 price tag. From the quilted leather seats that are heated, ventilated, and massaging up front, heated and ventilated on the outboard rear seats, and very softly appointed with their Palermo leather, all the way to the wood and metal accents around the cabin, and finally to the passenger screen in the dash that is capable of playing Amazon Fire TV; this vehicle would make older Grand Cherokee owners jealous.
If you want to keep up with the Joneses in their new Range Rover, drive home in this and show them what American brands are capable of.
2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve 4xe Specs:
• 2.0L 4-clyinder Engine
• 375 Horsepower
• 470 lb-ft of Torque
• 8-Speed Automatic Transmission
• 3 Selectable Drive Modes: Hybrid, Electric, & ESave
• Up to 25 miles of All-Electric Range
• Up to 470 miles of Estimated Range on a Full Charge with a Full Tank of Fuel
• QUADRA-TRAC II® 4x4 System
• Adjustable Height Suspension
• Up to 6,000 lbs of Towing
• 21-Inch Wheels
• 275/45R21 Xl All-Season Tires
• Heated and Ventilated Palermo Leather Front Seats
• Heated and Ventilated Rear Outboard Seats
• LED Headlights
• LED Daytime Running Lamps
• LED Taillights
• 19-Speaker McIntosh® High-Performance Audio with Active Noise Cancellation
• 360-degree Camera System
• 10.25-inch Digital Gauge Cluster Display
• 10.1-inch Uconnect® 5 Infotainment Screen
• Passenger Display with Amazon Fire TV
• 10-inch Color Head-Up Display
• Digital Rearview Mirror
• USB Charging Ports (Type A and C)
• Quad-Zone Automatic Climate Control
• Proximity Key with Push Button Start
• EPA Fuel Economy 56 MPGe (Gas Only: 23 MPG in Combined Driving)
• Starting MSRP $62,095
• Price as tested: $79,000
All images courtesy of Capturing the Machine.
#GTGarageTalk #JeepGrandCherokee4xe #JeepGrandCherokee #4xe #PHEV #GrandCherokee #Jeep #Jeep4xe #GrandCherokee4xe #ItsAJeepThing #OIIIIIIIO #FamilyVehicle #LuxuryVehicle #LuxurySUV #CarReview #TXAutowriters