More Than a Pretty Face: 2022 Audi A3
Audi is VW’s premium auto brand set to go up against the likes of Mercedes-Benz and BMW. This A3 is their entry into the compact sports sedan segment set to go up against the Mercedes-Benz C 300 we recently tested here on the channel.
Currently in its 4th generation and using the VWAG “A” platform shared with the Volkswagen Jetta and Golf siblings, this particular A3 employs a hybrid-electric system utilizing a 2.0L four-cylinder engine making 201 horsepower and 221 lb-ft of torque. Audi claims a 6.3 second run from zero to 60 mph with the quattro® AWD model we tested.
The 48-volt hybrid system means this little engine, while more than powerful enough for the small sedan it carries, is efficient as well. The A3 boasts an impressive EPA-estimated 36 mpg on the highway, and our testing backed that up. Even with our spirited driving, we never saw below 30mpg on our “Long Term Memory” trip computer.
Being the same overall size as my current daily driver but loaded with more tech, luxurious features, and driving excitement made me fall for this little Audi.
2022 Audi A3 40 TFSI quattro Specs:
• 2.0L 4-cylinder Mild Hybrid Engine
• 201 Horsepower
• 221 lb-ft of Torque
• 7-Speed Automatic Transmission
• quattro All Wheel Drive
• 4 Drive Modes
• 18-inch 5-Y Spoke Wheels
• Pirelli P-Zero All Season Performance Tires
• Seating for 5
• Heated Front Leather Seats
• Dual-zone Climate Controls
• 12.3-inch Digital Cockpit
• 10.1-inch Color Touchscreen Infotainment with Wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
• Proximity Key with Push Button Start
• Bang & Olufsen Sound System with 3D Sound
• Traffic sign recognition
• Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
• Rear Park Assist
• Full LED Headlights
• EPA Fuel Economy 28/36/31 (city/hwy/combined)
• Starting MSRP $35,900 (2022 Audi A3 40 TFSI quattro)
• Price as tested: $44,440
#GTGarageTalk #AudiA3 #A3 #A3quattro #AudiA3quattro #SportsSedan #CarReview #TXautowriters