First Look: 2022 Hummer EV
Well, we need to wait no longer to see the all-electric 2022 GMC Hummer EV.
Its here!!! Tonight GMC unveiled the all-electric Hummer EV.
GMC has been teasing the astonishing figures for months now as they have been teasing the rebirth of the iconic brand as a new sub-brand under the GMC line.
Tonight, we finally got more details and full visuals of the world's first "supertruck" as GMC has dubbed it. The teaser images did not leave much to the imagination, and there was not too much additional details left undisclosed on the design. Overall, it is a clean design that captures the heritage of the brand.
GMC also packed this vehicle with impressive stats and features:
• Segment-Exclusive 4 Wheel Steer featuring CrabWalk — a segment-exclusive feature that allows the rear wheels and front wheels to steer at the same angle at low speeds, enabling diagonal movement of the vehicle, for even greater maneuverability on challenging terrain.
• Adaptive Air Suspension with available segment-leading, Extract Mode capability enables the suspension height to be raised approximately 6 inches (149 mm) to help the HUMMER EV negotiate extreme off-road situations such as clearing boulders or fording water.
• 35-inch-OD Goodyear Wrangler Territory MT tires offered standard; and the capability to accommodate 37-inch tires. They offer exceptional strength and flexibility to optimize maneuverability with the HUMMER EV’s unprecedented off-road capability, including scaling 18-inch verticals and driving through water that is more than 2 feet deep.
• Underbody armor, consisting of sturdy steel plates that are strategically located around the battery pack and more to help provide protection in extreme off-roading conditions.
• UltraVision that includes new front and rear underbody cameras with live “virtual spotter” views to help drivers navigate obstacles and place wheels on and off the trail. The underbody cameras are packaged to help protect against damage and equipped with a wash function to help clear debris. HUMMER EV offers a best-in-class number of camera views, with up to 18 available from the vehicle to help increase awareness of surroundings.
• Off-road widgets that display vehicle functions and terrain status through the infotainment and driver information screens. Examples include torque output, differential locker engagement, tire pressure, pitch and roll angles (including maximum values), a drift gauge (with maximum values), friction circle, torque vectoring and more.
• Three-motor e4WD drive system that will offer the equivalent of GM-estimated 1,000 horsepower and GM-estimated 11,500 lb-ft of torque.
800-volt DC public fast charging compatibility of up to 350 kilowatts. Industry-first technology mechanically switches the batteries from parallel to series mode during charging, which makes HUMMER EV compatible with the fastest 350 kW DC fast chargers, enabling nearly 100 miles of range in 10 minutes of charging.
• 24-module, double-stacked Ultium battery propulsion system that will offer excellent range and power to three motors.
GM-estimated 350+ miles of driving range on a full charge, based on preliminary testing.
• The latest version of Super Cruise, an available driver assistance feature offering hands-free driving on more than 200,000 miles (approximately 322,000 km) of enabled roads, and a new automatic lane changing feature, where the system can determine when a lane change is optimal and initiate the maneuver, while following signaling protocols.
• Watts to Freedom — a driver-selectable immersive experience that unleashes the full acceleration capability of the EV propulsion system, including GM-estimated 0-60-mph performance in approximately 3 seconds.
• Drive Mode Control offers driver-selectable modes that tailor performance — including torque splits between the front and rear wheels, and four-wheel steering settings — for different driving conditions. It includes Terrain Mode, which raises the HUMMER EV’s ride height by nearly 2 inches.
• Adaptive Ride Control continuous damping that is tailored for both on- and off-road driving.
• Open-air driving enabled by the structural rigidity of the Ultium batteries, with standard Infinity Roof and removable transparent Sky Panels that can stow in the “frunk” storage compartment at the front of the vehicle.
Premium, technical interior materials.
• Large, 13.4-inch diagonal infotainment10 screen and 12.3-inch diagonal driver information center display convey a wealth of vehicle performance and driver awareness information.
• MultiPro Tailgate with six functional positions.
• Power rear drop glass window and power tonneau cover.
All very impressive.....until you see the price and delivery dates.
GMC has started taking orders tonight, but the first model, dubbed the Edition 1, won't be available until Fall of 2021 at a $112,595 starting price.
The most affordable model won't be available until spring of 2024 and starts at $79,995.
In the very first night of reservations, GMC has sold out of the Edition 1.
GMC had one goal for the HUMMER EV: “Build the most capable factory truck – ever.” #GMCHummerEV